1. False. Settlements involve a lot of elements beyond the contract and loan.
2. True. The home inspection is looking for structural and mechanical problems.
3. False. They aren't required, but highly recommended.
4. False. A home inspection takes both the house and the land it sits on into consideration.
5. False. You may want or need an asbestos, termite, lead paint or other kind of specific inspection done on your home.
6. True. Settlement attorneys do not get into the pricing of a deal. Their job is to negotiate better deals.
7. True. You must check out the people you hire to ensure quality.
8. True. Complicated real estate deals need an attorney's touch to make sure all the legal rights are observed.