1. False. There are big differences among the various types of warranties.
2. False. There are warranties that will cover older homes.
3. True. There are variety of options available.
4. True. You can walk away before you sign the contract.
5. True. The best time for a pre-closing inspection is on your way to the closing.
6. True. Always make provisions in your contract for remedy of problems seen at the pre-closing inspection.
7. False. A specific time period is better than a vague lifetime guarantee.
8. True. The more specific the better.
9. False. Most warranties won't cover pre-existing conditions.