1. False. You need to get extra insurance to gain total coverage.
2. True. They will only insure property they controlled during the move.
3. False. You must be present to sign papers and to direct the movers.
4. False. It takes weeks to prepare properly and to take care of all the little details. See the guide above for a timeline of actions.
5. True. Estimates are not guaranteed prices.
6. False. The bill of lading is your receipt and contract. You must read it carefully.
7. False. Estimates are normally free.
8. True. Being prepared and packed is essential.
9. False. Using proper packing boxes will help speed the loading process and protect your goods better.
10. True. Boxes should always be labeled for easy reading when carried or stacked.